Monday, July 1, 2013

A Letter from Naches: Monday, July 01, 2013

Subject: Miracles!!!!

My goodness my darling family!! This week had been filled with miracles that I did not expect. So many good things happening here in the WKM. 

Weird thing is... the mission split today. Vancouver is now it's own mission. It's kind of weird to think about that. I'm truly lucky to be serving in the Kennewick mission though. I would not trade it for the world! Our new mission president is Pres. Ware. I'm so excited to work with him!! 

So on to the miracles! So last Monday night we went over to the Moore's house and had dinner and were suppose to have a little family home evening. We ask Brother Moore what he wanted us to do for family home evening and he told us nothing and just told us to come. So we go over and eat dinner and we are all sitting in the front room just chatting and then Lisa ( sister Moore) says to us " So sisters, what are you teaching me tonight?" Sis. Zink and I were both looked at each other and said well what do you want to know? She knew exactly what she wanted to talk about. She told us that she wanted to read Moroni 10:3-5. Then she says "Actually, I want to read the whole chapter." Sis. Zink and I were so excited. We told her that was perfect and we started reading. We had a great discussion and when we got done she said she was so excited to learn more! She got really quiet and said, " If this what the end is like.. I can't imagine what the beginning is going to be like." She is amazing!

Well went back over on Tuesday night again for dinner. The night before we left her with 3 Nephi 11 to read. So we followed up on it at dinner on Tues. She thought she had to read all of 3 Nephi so she started in chapter 1 haha. She is just so excited and willing to do anything. We shared more with her about the background of the Book of Mormon. She loved that was connecting all the dots with Joseph Smith and everything. We got to talking about baptism and she told us that she was a little bit away from that. We told her that she is a lot closer than she thinks. We pulled out Mosiah 18:8-10 and asked her if this is the desire of her heart than what is holding her back. She thought for a minute and then asked us if we really thought she was ready, and we both told her YES. haha We put her on date for baptism for July 27th. She is so excited and so are we!! We have another lesson with her tonight and I just can't even wait!!! 

Well my dear family, I love you all!! I just know that this church is true. 

Love you!! 

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment