Monday, December 10, 2012

A Letter from Vancouver: Monday, December 10, 2012


Subject: Sweetness to my soul!!

The highlight of my week this week was when Lucas was baptized. Nothing can compare to that feeling! Seeing someone that you have grown to know and love enter the waters of baptism. It is so ABSOLUTLEY amazing! There are no words to describe it! The baptism went great! We had some little bumps in the road but as to be expected when someone is about to make a covenant with God, the dirty devil likes to creep his way in. But we didn't let him get too far. :) Can I just say that there are some stinkin awesome people over here in Vancouver?? We have one of the best wards ever! They are all so supportive and willing to help. People are so missionary minded and they really help us in our efforts to find. Harmony ward is Lucas' ward and they are amazing. The young mens Leaders and ward missionaries have made a big difference. I never understood it before the mission how vital the Ward is to missionary work. I am so very grateful to them!
 
Our week this last week felt like it was all sorts of crazy goodness! We had some greats times tracting in the rain and people getting mad and slamming the door in our faces :) Oh gosh... is it bad that that is one of my favorites things? haha I find it to be oddly wonderful. They say it takes 7 different contacts from the church before some people will let you in the door and accept your message. I like to think that when they open the door and we are there just smiling away that we planted one of the 7 seeds for them to accept the Gospel. It makes it all worth in the end :) We had a Doctine of Christ training on Wednesday with President and Sister Greer. They are so stinkin amazing! We "unpacked" 2 Nephi 31 and they helped me see that chapter in a different light. It is the Doctrine of Christ chapter and it's right before Nephi dies. He says right in verse 2 that he is to say one more thing and that he MUST speak of the Doctrine of Christ. He MUST. He is about to die and this is what he wants to talk about?! Got to be pretty important. And it is! He is the way we get back to our Father in Heaven! The Doctrine of Christ is, faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. "There is no other way where man can be saved..." Beauty! Read it! It is beautiful.
 
Well my dear family, I love you! I miss you terribly but I'm so happy to be here!
 
Love Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment