Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Letter from Vancouver: Monday, February 19, 2013


Subject: My dear family!

Hello there my dear family! We didn't email yesterday because of the holiday. We actually went down to the Dalles and had an epic game of nerf gun wars! It was so fun!! Needless to say, Sis. Neumayer and I are pretty sore today. haha This week has been a great one. The work is going great and our investigators are really progressing! We were able to go in exchanges this last week. There are 2 sets of Sisters in our Zone. The other sisters are in Goldendale which is about 40 mins outside the Dalles. Sister Neumayer went down to the Dalles and I stayed here in good old Vancouver. We had some really awesome experiences!! I'm telling you, the way to find is through members and through former investigators! I LOVE the area book!! There is wisdom in using the area book. We had been getting a little frustrated because we weren't find anyone... We just weren't looking in the right places. So while Sis. Neumayer was in Goldendale, Sis. Ellingson and I went and contacted a bunch of former investigators. We didn't find anyone that night but the really cool thing happened the next day after we had exchanged back. Sis. Neumayer and I went to go and visit a potential investigator who didn't answer the door, we realized that a former investigator lived on that same street. We had contacted them before but it was later at night and the Mom just wasn't really interested then. We decided to try again.. Well we knock on the door and this darling teenage girl answers and we tell her who we are and asked if we could take just 5 minutes of her time and share with her what we believe. She said we could and right there on her doorstep we taught her a simple version of the Restoration. It was so awesome! She answered questions, she shared little things that she thought were interesting. We asked her if she would like to learn more and she said yes! The Lord really is preparing people to receive the gospel. I knew that we were prompted to go to their home that day and talk to Doreen. We set up a return appointment for when she comes back from vacation. I'm so excited to teach her!!
 
Michael is doing great! He came to the second hour of church on Sunday which is a huge deal for him!! He is keeping commitments and progressing faster than I expected. The Lord really teaches us a lot. We think we understand something and we've got a handle on it. Our idea's may be good but there are not always in line with what our Heavenly Father has planned for us and for our investigators. It has been a really good experience for me to be able to teach Michael and the rest of the Bush family. I love them dearly! Transfer calls are this weekend and I could very well be transfered somewhere else. But good times are ahead!
 
Well my dear family, I love you all. I'm grateful for the things that the Lord is teaching me while I am out here on my mission. I know that this church is true and it is lead by a Prophet of God. Love you all!!
 
Love, Sister Mecham

1 comment:

  1. You are doing amazing work! I admire your enthusiasm for life and dedicated work ethic! You have a heart of gold. May you continue to grow and experience true joy!
    ~ Cierra Howard

    ReplyDelete