Monday, November 19, 2012

A Letter from Vancouver: Monday, November 19, 2012


Subject: Come What May and Love It!

Hello my dear family and friends!! So this week as been a busy, humbling and exciting week. On Wednesday we had the opportunity to meet Elder Piper from the Seventy! He came and shared so much with us! He has so much knowledge and it was so wonderful to be able to kind of pick his brain and see what it is about missionary work that I'm not quite getting. He did a question and answer and super honest with us which I loved. He talked a lot about how we need to help our investigators come to the answer themselves. They ask us a question and we need to GUIDE them to the answer not flat out tell them the answer. That way in this process of conversion they can truly know for themselves if the gospel is true. I loved this! I thought it was absolutly perfect! Especially at this time in work that Sister Brox and I are doing. People have questions. The one way that they will be able to really truly say "I know this church is true" is exactly how Joseph Smith came to know which church was true. He studied diligently and prayed with a sincere heart and real intent. That's what our investigators need to be doing. What better way than to GUIDE them to the answer.
 
The bad news for this week is this... Our Skaugstad family dropped us. Sister Brox and I went over on Thursday for our lesson and we sit down and Sister Skaugstad said that they had been thinking out all of this and that it is not the right time for them. Gosh darn that adversary! He knows how to get people. But at the same time I truly think that although they were seeking truth, they weren't quite ready for this. They are such wonderful people and I love them so very much but I know that the Lord has a plan for them. One day they will be baptized. They are looking at other religions but they said themselves that there is not another church that will have the same values and beliefs that we do that they have come to know and love. As for now, Sister Brox and I just simply pray.
 
On a happier note! We have a part member family that is so stinkin awesome! Erika ( the mom) is a member and has been for just about a year now. She has two kids, Sabrina and Lucas who have been taking the lessons for sometimes now and truly are on their way to the waters of baptism. Micheal ( the dad) is not a member and well... Lets just say... He will be. hahah He is so stinkin solid! He doesn't believe in God.. yet. After all that has happened, with Erika being baptized and his kids taking the lessons Micheal finally said he wanted to learn more "just so he knows what it is his kids are getting themselves into" So we taught him last night and pray with all our hearts that his heart with change.
 
One other cool thing about this week and about Wednesday and meeting Elder Piper is that I got to meet with him personally. At the end of the meeting President Greer got up and said that Elder Piper had chosen some missionaries that he wanted to meet with and could only meet with 10.... Pres. Greer said my name and I think I might have almost wet myself. I was so nervous and excited and everything! But it was so wonderful! He truly is a man of God! He told me to put in my letter home to thank my parents from him, for raising me and for supporting me here on my mission. So thank you Mom and Dad. I am so very grateful for the love and support that you and everyone else has shown me as I have been out here on my mission. I feel it and I am eternally grateful. Words can't describe how it feels when I'm having a bad day and I remember the loving family and friends that are supporting me back home. Love you all! Happy Thanksgiving! This is my favorite time of year. We have so much to be grateful for! I am grateful for my Savior. The love He has shown and giving to me. For loving me so much that He took upon him my sins and afflictions. For giving me the opportunity to be able to live with my Father in Heaven again. I love this gospel. I know it's true and I'm grateful to have this chance and opportunity to be a representative and disciple of him.
 
Love you all!!
Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment