Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Letter from Naches: Monday, October 07, 2013

Subject: "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."

That was one of my favorite quotes from conference! My goodness!! I loved that General Conference!! Seriously everything that was said was "delicious to my soul"! I just could not get enough of it. I want a redue! haha This conference was so inspiring and so down right what the church members needed and what those investigating needed! There is no doubt in my mind that this church is led by the hand of God. Some of my favorite talks were President Uchtdorf's talk, Sister Stephens talk, Elder Bednar, Elder Christofferson,Elder Hollands,Elder Ballard, Pres. Eyring's, Elder Oaks, Elder Scott's, Pres. Monson's. Man I feel like I could go on! Hahah But there were some key subjects that I felt were talked about a lot. First one is the role that the creation plays in our lives and how vital it is that we realize that with that creation there were no mistakes made. Second point is the importance of sustaining our church leaders and developing Christlike attributes. And third, remembering our covenants and living up to those covenants and honoring them. How amazing!!! I loved all the talks on the role of women and the priesthood. I was so impressed with how the messages were delivered and how clear they were to point out the role of each of God's children. 
 
That topic was so vital for Sis Pratt and I this week. We got to go and see Stacey and Yesenia again on Thursday. We talked more about the Restoration and about the priesthood. Stacey asked us why she could hold the priesthood and be able to give her children blessings. She was so worried about it. Her husband isn't interested in the church and learning more right now and she didn't know what she would do without that priesthood in her home. We explained to her the role that husband and wife play together and the responsibility of the priesthood and how we each have different responsibilties but we are to help eachother with those responsibilities and that if she does not have a priesthood holder in the home than she can always call on the bishop and her home teachers. As we left that lesson I felt like good about what we had shared but I also felt like maybe there could have been more to her question and that we could answer it just a little bit better. And then conference happens!! We had invited her to watch it but I get the feeling that she didn't watch it. The good news is though we can answer her question better this time.
 
I love teaching them! They want to come to church but Stacey's husband doesn't want her taking the little boys to church.She said she is going to keep working on him though :) We are going back again this week.
 
We have been trying to find different ways to work with the ward members and help them in their missionary work. All the talks on members and missionaries coming together in conference were amazing! Something that changed for me in hearing that council again was that it was literally coming from the prophet. It was something he asked us to do. Like living the word of wisdom. It put it into a whole new prespective for me. We either follow the council from the prophet of we don't, it's as simple as that. It's a struggle and has required me to think outside of the box and change my way of thinking.
 
Something really cool that we found out about a week ago is that on the 26th of October, one of the 12 is coming to talk to the mission. We don't know who it is but we're really excited!!
 
Well my dear family, I love you all!! I hope you all have a marvelous week! I'm so grateful for a Prophet on the earth today. It truly does show the love that our Father in Heaven has for us that he would give us such a beautiful and remarkable gift. I have such a big testimony of modern day revelation and listening to the council from our Heavenly Father given to us by his prophet.
 
Love you all!!
 
Sis. Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment