Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Letter from Naches: Monday, September 23, 2013

Subject: Hi there!

Hi there my dear family! I hope you all had a great week this week! We have had quite the week. Sis. Pratt was really sick this week with this nasty cold that is going around. Knocked her out for a few days. We were able to get in and see some people during the time of her being on her death bed. This week we actually found a NEW INVESTIGATOR! Her name is Jennifer. She is 17. The Spanish Elders actually tracted into her. They talked to her all about the Restoration and then realized that they would probably never make it back to see her seeing as she lives at the furthest part of their area which is an area that we cover as well. Her parents don't speak any English but they did tell us that it was okay that Jennifer took the lessons and learned more. We went and saw her on Wednesday and took a darling girl from the ward with us. Jennifer has a desire to learn more. Sis. Pratt and I were talking and we think we are going to have to teach her a little bit more about who our Heavenly Father is. I know that if she understands that just a little bit better than she will have even more of a desire. We have a return appointment for this Wednesday. :)

Yesterday was one of those roller coaster days. We got to church yesterday and everything was so good! Sacrament meeting was wonderful! One of our less-actives, Brother Harris, came to church yesterday! We walked up to him and told him how happy we were to see him. Haha I was so surprised to him there. He looked at us and said " Well... I told ya I'd be here didn't I?".. haha He and his wife are just so fantastic! We love going to see them! They are trying hard to make some changes.They know what they have to do. Now we just have to keep encouraging them and feeding them with the spirit so they don't give into Satan. 

The hardest part of yesterday was our lesson with Sis. Summa. I have felt sad for people on my mission, people that I see and try and teach and they reject it. People that we actually get in to teach and they decided that it just isn't the right time for them but I don't think that I have ever felt this sad for someone. We have spent so many hours sitting at her kitchen table trying to help her understand why the fullness of the Gospel is the very best and there is nothing that compares to it. We went over yesterday because we finally decided that we needed to sit down with her and have more of a heart to heart with her and really be up front and honest with her. She didn't really care for that all too much. After trying so hard to teach her by the spirit and bare testimony, we had to tell her that if she wasn't going to keep her commitments then we couldn't come over a teach her as often as we have been. We told her that we have to work harder at finding those that want to change and embrace the Gospel. 

The thing that stuck out to me the very most is this. If we don't wake up everyday and decided that we choose Christ than that is one more day that Satan has more control over us. I was reading in Mormon 3 today and he says "Behold, I had led them, notwithstanding their wickedness I had led them many times to battle, and had loved them, according to the love of God which was in me, with all my heart; and my soul had been poured out in prayer unto my God all the day long for them; nevertheless, it was without faith, because of the hardness of their hearts." I read this this morning and thought about Sis. Summa. In the footnotes it directs you to James 1:6 where it talks about Asking in faith "nothing wavering because he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." I thought about that and how powerful that is. When we waver and we let doubt enter our hearts, we immediately decide that faith in the Lord isn't enough for us. We decide that what he has to offer us just won't cut it. 

I know that as long has we have faith, doesn't matter how much faith we have, big or small, that faith is the answer to all of our problems. For ourselves, we need to hold to that faith like it is all we have because at the end of the day it really is what matters most.

My faith has been strengthened this week. Knowing that the Lord really does know our hearts and that his Atonement is real. I know that he does lead and guide us. He always will when we put our trust in him. 

I love you all!! Have a great week!! This church is true. 

Love, Sister Mecham :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment