Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Letter from Naches: Monday, September 16, 2013

Subject: Line upon line

Hello my dear wonderful family!!
 
This week in Naches has been great! We've been able to see some more Less-active people in the last week. We haven't found any new investigators this week but we are trying and that is what the Lord sees and the desire that we have in our hearts.
 
Last week Sis. Summa came to church and she was doing so well. I was so proud of her and just saw such a change in her. We went back on Tuesday and she was still doing great and then we went back on Thursday... something happened between those visits and I'm not quite sure what happened. We went over on Thursday and right when we get there she is the bathroom and tells us to come and make ourselves comfortable and she'll be out in a minute. We walk into her kitchen and sitting on the kitchen counter was a coffe cup... Sis. Pratt and I just look at each other pick up the cup, smell it and gosh darn that sweet women and given in to satan and got a cup of coffee at the doctors that day! We put it back down and set our things down in on the couch. I was the watchman while Sis. Pratt looked through her cubbards to see if she was stashing anymore coffee. Sure enough there was this HUGE costco sized Starbucks coffee beans bag right there. We put it back in the cubbard and waited for her to come back. We didn't know what we were going to do about it but I know that the Lord knew what he was going to do. All we needed to do was listen. We sat there and talked with her and asked her how her week was going and what not. We started talking about her goal to get to the temple. We asked her what could be holding her back from making that convenant with God.. It was quite for a minute. I have never been so grateful for how the spirit works on a person than in that moment. She came clean and told us all about how she got coffee at the doctors office and then she went to her cubbard and pulled out the bag. I looked at her and told her to hand it over and we were going to get rid of it. The bag had never been opened. We could have taken it back to the store but instead we found a lovely trash can that needed to be filled and left it there. I am so amazed at how the Lord works on the lives of his children. Those that I am teaching and myself.
 
Something that I have learned this week in watchin our less-actives and those that we teach and looking into myself is that God is always here. He is always there beside us. We have to turn to him inorder for us to know him. There is no way that that relationship can happen unless we decided that his will is always better then our own. That is something that has really strengthened me this week and something that I needed to learn again. I studied this morning the talk by Jeffery R. Holland called " The Grandeur of God." It changed the way that I thought about my Father in heaven and my Savior and they relationship they have and how unified they are. It is amazing to see that we too can have a very close relationship with our Father in heaven and know him and his nature.
 
Well my dear family, those are just a couple highlights from my week this week. I wish I had unlimited time to tell you everything but I don't. I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!!
 
Love Sis. Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment