Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Letter from Naches: Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Subject: If the bitter cup doesn't pass, drink it and be strong"

Hi family!! Boy has today been fantastic!! We got to go to the temple today and I just want to say how much I love the temple. I love sitting in there listening to the words and knowing that what I'm doing there is what the Lord wants for all of his children. Beautiful!! I learned so much today and it just makes me so excited to go back again and again!
 
We have had a really good week this week! We were able to get into see some less-active that we haven't been able to get into see. One of them being this fantastic lady named Sis. McCoy. She is absolutely lovely! She has had some really unfortunate things happen in her life but goodness does she ever know that the Lord is there. She takes care of some of her children and some of her grandchildren and even a great nephew. All of those kids just adore her and respect her. It was such a humbling experience to be there and see them all interact and to feel of the love that they have for each other and the love that the Lord has for them. We shared with her an article out of the September ensign. It was the first presidency message by Pres. Uchtdorf. It's called, " Saints for all seasons." It was so great!! She really responded well and now we just have to keep going back and help her get back to church with her family.
 
This last Tuesday we went by and tried a former investigator that we had tried a million times before but she never answered. Her name is Bianey. She has a darling family! She has 3 kids. One is in college, one is in high school and then her youngest is 2. She let us in and we talked her about our purpose and what she thought about what the missionaries taught her before. She didn't remember a lot of it but said that she did like some of it and that she had some questions and that we could come back! We set up a return appointment for Friday to go back and teach her. We went on Friday and talked with her about the Plan of Salvation. Her mother wanted to sit in on the lesson but because she doesn't speak English Bianey needed to translate for her. Each time Bianey would tell her what we said she was smile and nod her head and say"Si!" She told Bianey that what we were teaching was the truth. We asked them if it would be better if some missionaries that spoke Spanish should come and teach them and they both agreed that would be better. Sis. Pratt and I were sad that we couldn't keep teaching them. I love them so much!! We will though being going back tomorrow to teach the first lesson with the Elders.
 
We've had a couple other little miracles happen this week. Sunday a women walks up to me as I am greeting people and tells me that she needs some help to find the restroom and that she hasn't been to church in 30 years and she this is her first time back. I took her to the restroom and then told her to meet me back at the door and I would take her to where Sis. Pratt and I were sitting. She was so kind and sweet! Her name is Sis. Adams and she is just the nicest women you will ever meet. That was a little miracle this week and we'll be going to see her this week and get to know her better.
 
Yesterday we were on exchanges with the Hermanas. It was so good!! I love being able to see how other areas work and to see how other missionaries do missionary. It helps you to grow. But miracles happen on exchanges! Sis. Pratt and Hna. Lambert were working here in Naches. They got into see a part-member family that we have been trying to get into see for the longest time! The Harris family. They have two little boys and they are just the cutest things! They were able to teach the Harris family all about the Plan of Salvation and answer some questions that they had. Sis. Harris had taken the lessons a while back but then moved here and hasn't met with missionaries since. Brother Harris hasn't been active since he graduated from high school. They loved the lesson and said that we could come back on Friday during the day. So the Lord blessed us to find another new investigator!! I was excited! This family is ready.
 
Well my dear family, that is all that I have for you today. It has been another great week here!! I can't believe how fast the time flies. WAY TOO FAST! I love this work! I'm so grateful to be here and be apart this. It is marvelous. I love you all!!
 
Love Sis. Mecham  

No comments:

Post a Comment