Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Letter from Kennewick: Monday, December 16, 2013

Subject: Transfer....!!!!

My goodness!! So lots and lots is happening!! There were a lot of changes this week in the Mission with transfers happening. Me and my companions are being tripled out of Kennewick park and Elders are being put into our ward. I will be transfered still living in Kennewick, being doubled into Rancho Reata and Cottonwood Springs wards serving with Sister Brand! Sister Brand and I have worked to together and I just love that girl!!! She is amazing!! Our Zone consisted of the Kennewick Stake and the Kennewick East Stake and they have just now split the zone into the Kennewick Zone and the Kennewick East Zone. So many other things have happened and lots of really good changes are taking place!!
This week here in the Kennewick Park ward has been amazing! We have been able to be a part of some amazing experience. One of them being our PEC meeting yesterday. I know that the way the Lord has always wanted his work to be done is by working together. Yesterday as we were in PEC it was so great to see how the ward council members are trying so hard to figure out an effective way and the best way to accomplish the Lords work. It was just amazing! The spirit in that room was powerful!! The Elders better take good care of that ;)
We had an amazing week this week! I think I talked about Sarah last week in my letter. Sarah just moved into our ward and we got to finally teach her on Friday night!! She had 3 questions: The Priesthood, The Atonement, The Godhead. Each of us took a principle and explained it simply and then she taught it back to us!! As a mission that is something that we are focusing on! Teaching simply so that there is no confusion! We asked simple inspired questions and as she answered she taught herself. The spirit in that room was thrilling!!!! She is definitely learning and wanting to learn for all the right reasons! It is fantastic!!
I don't have much more time but I know that the Lord is in all things. He is in the details of our lives. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and redeemer. I know that His Atonement is real and that is really truly completely heals us as we let it. I love you all!! Have a great week!! Merry Christmas!!
Love Sister Mecham :)

No comments:

Post a Comment