Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A (last) Letter from Kennewick: Monday, April 21, 2014


Subject: Because of Him

Hello there my dear sweet family! This last week has been a great week full of lost of GREAT things! So first I will explain the pictures. 

#1. Me with the Roberts. I was granted permission this last week that I could go and have lunch with the Roberts before I left. It was so great!! We had lunch, talked a lot and took some pictures and cried a little. haha I love them more than life it's self and I am so grateful for the chance that I've had to know them and have them in my life. Such a blessing to me. 


 
#2. Us with Ron and Rachel! We had an amazing couple of lessons with them this week. We watched the "Because of Him" video. ( if you haven't seen it.. watch it! Your life will change forever! http://mormon.org/BecauseofHim)  We talked all about what is possible through our Savior and what is possible for them through the Savior. It was so wonderful! They had a tough we this last week with different things coming up and they were really searching for peace. Rachel said she just wanted to be happy so she picked up the Book of Mormon, went to the index and searched happiness and then went to the scriptures that it listed. She said she felt peace and happiness after she did that and felt like it gave her the strength she needed to comfort the challenges that she would face that day. She said that when it all came down it she said that it helped her to respond in a more Christlike way. 



It was such a testimony builder for me! In Preach my Gospel it says that as we gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon, we will have the confidence and conviction that our investigators will be able to receive a witness that the Book of Mormon is true by the Holy Ghost. In that moment that truth became real to me. Ron gave the closer prayer in that lesson and it was amazing!! He ended the prayer and we asked him how he felt and he just cried.. He said he felt sad from all that was going but we got to bare testimony on the reality of a loving Heavenly Father and that he hears and answers our prayers. They came to church yesterday and loved it! It was so amazing!!
#3. Taken a little ride in Pam's super beautiful Lexus. This is Pam and her beautiful car! Pam was a miracle this week. One of our members came and picked us up for dinner because they live clear out at the end of our area. We get in the car and she tells us that she invited a friend for dinner but her friend hasn't called back and she doesn't know if she is coming or not. We told her that it was totally fine and thanked her for inviting! That is where it all starts. We get to her home, sit down for dinner and her friend Pam calls and says she is on her way. Pam gets there and we start chatting with her and it leads to us teaching her the first lesson all about the Apostasy and Joseph Smith. It was so wonderful! We shared the same video, " Because of Him" and she loved it!! We talked for 2 HOURS!! She just wants to serve the Lord and come closer to him. It was so amazing!! She then offered to give us a ride back to our car where we sat and talked for another HOUR!! At the end of our long chat she said, " I will do ANYTHING to come closer the Lord." She said that she feels so alone and needs comfort and peace. We got to bare testimony of the Book of Mormon and promise her blessings. It was amazing!! One of the coolest moments of my mission. We left her with Mosiah 18 to read.. 



We saw so many miracles this week as we met with our investigators! It was so wonderful! I am really sad to leave but something that the Lord has been trying to teach him is that His will is always good and if full of security and hope and we trust in the Lord. I have grown so much from the things that I have learned here on the mission and it has changed me forever. I have loved being a set apart servant of the Lord and the feeling of the Spirit that comes with it and the closeness that I have felt and the testimony that I gained. I know my Savior lives and that he loves us. I know that He is always there. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that through it we gain the knowledge and the strength to follow THEE Doctrine of Christ. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know that through him they restored the fulness of the Gospel on the earth today.
I love you all. Enjoy you day and I will see you all tomorrow!
Love Sister Mecham

1 comment: