Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A (second to last) Letter from Kennewick: Monday, April 14, 2014

Subject: He is Risen

Hello my dear family! 
 
I love this time of year!! The meaning behind it and the feeling that comes with it. Just like there is a spirit about Christmas, there is a spirit about this time of year as we remember the Crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Chirst. It simply one of my favorite things.
 
We had a good week here in the area. We had a lot of appointments fall through but so far for this week we it is looking like we will be back up to reaching our member present lessons and our OYM goal. The members here are doing great. We got a new ward mission leader in the Rancho Reata ward yesterday, Brother Ransom. I think He is really going to help the members and he already has a great idea about how to make it simple and easy for the members to participate in missionary work.
 
We were able to have a lesson with Bre this week and she came to a fireside last night and felt the spirit really strongly! It was a great! Cheryl is not doing as well as we would like but we have an appointment set up this week to ask her where she is at with everything and where she stands.
 
I've been studying enduring to the end in a round-about way. I've been reading the story of Moses and the children of Israel. We have to teach about the passover this coming Sunday in Gospel Doctrine and it is just so amazing the things that I have learned in my short study of it. My testimony of the way that the Lord works on our livees, of Prophets called to be the mouth piece for God and of enduring to the end has grown so much!! I love the example of Moses. When Moses was commanded by the Lord to go and tell Pharaoh to let the children of Israel go, he told the Lord of his fears. He didn't trust in what the Lord told him of how he shouldn't worry but despite that, the Lord still made it possible for him to accomplish the work that the Lord had commanded him by sending his brother Aaron with him. Moses led the children of Israel out of bondage and even after they left Eygpt, they still face trials and not once did Moses turn away from them or the Lord but he kept going. There are so many examples of this kind of conversion in the scriptures but this week this example became one of my new favorites.  
 
I've been thinking about the meaning of enduring to the end and other ways that we can define it and the verse in Alma 26:27 came to mind. "... and bear with PATIENCE thin AFFLICTIONS and I will give unto success." When we endure to the end it means that we are "bearing with patience our afflictions" and the Lord gladly says "...ye shall have eternal life". It just really stood out to me how the Lord invites us to do that and then he promises us something in return. I love it so much!! It motivates me to be better and listen and want to do what is right. It makes me see that His plan truly is perfect and flawless.
 
This Gospel just means so much to me and how important it is for us to live it and live it constantly. It helps me to understand the importance of helping those that we teach to live it constantly too as my testimony grows. For the past little while, each time we talk with someone I just want them to really hear and feel that what I am sharing with them is true. I've always felt that way but I have been feeling it more urgently these past weeks. I just know how much it blesses me. I want it to bless other people.
 
 I love you all! Have such a great week!!
 
2 Nephi 26:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment