Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Letter from Vancouver: Monday, January 22, 2013


Subject: Transfers...

Hello my dear wonderful family!! So as you can tell this week is transfers week and well.... I'M STAYING IN VANCOUVER! Sister Brox is being transferred to Kennewick and is being doubled in and training at the same time. If there is a sister to do it, it is Sister Brox. I have complete faith in her that she will do exactly what the Lord as asked of her. I will be getting a new companion tomorrow and her name is Sister Neumayer pronounced ( noi-my-er) haha. Sister Dilworth ( Sister Brox's comp. before me) trained this sister and I have heard great things about her! I can't wait! Next time I write to you I will tell you all about her and where she is from.
This week has been a great week. With last P-day starting out with a wonderful session of the temple to the different lessons that we were able to teach this week. We saw lots of people and had some great lessons! I find myself becoming more bold as the lessons happen. Which I am grateful for. I know that Lord is with me in that. There is no way that I could do that without him. I would love to just be the sweet little sister missionary I always thought that I would be but I guess the Lord has different plans for me ;) We had two of our recent converts and less actives get their patriarchal blessings on Sunday. HOLY COW! I love being able to testify that the Lord will help us through our patriarchal blessings. These two women are women who I have come to ABSOLUTLEY love! Judy, is a recent convert. She has had a rough rough life. But Judy is the kindest, sweetest person. I love her! She was one of the first people I met when I came to Vancouver. We spend a lot of time with her and I love it. We will be going there today so Sister Brox can say goodbye and talk about how she felt getting her patriarchal blessing. Sister Puppo is a Less active but is actually more active than not. Went over last night and talked about her experience and how she felt. It is such a beautiful thing! I love it! 
We had a great lesson with another less active. Pasty. She has been working on her family history so we got to go with her to the church this last week in the family history center and help her figure some things out. I didn't think my love for that would play into my serving a mission but it has. I'm grateful that I was able to help Pasty and see how important it is that we are indexing and using that information to help complete work that needs to be done. We had a great lesson with Michael on sunday. I challenged him twice to come to church but he is just not budging! That's okay.. all in the Lords time :)
Well my dear family! I love you. I love this Gospel. I know it is true with all my heart!! Love you loads and loads. :)
Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment