Monday, April 15, 2013

A Letter from West Richland: Monday, April 08, 2013


Subject: Conference....transfer calls and springtime!

These are a few of my favorite things!! Well the first and the last but not so much the middle one. We have transfers coming on Wednesday and well I'm staying in West Richland and... Training a new missionary! Pres. Greer called my yesterday morning at 8:30 as we were driving to conference and asked me to train... I may or may not have wanted to throw the phone out of the moving car window and then tell President that there was a bad connection but I figured I better be obedient and accept the responsibility and opportunity. As we got to conference we sat down and got to hear the last part of Music and the Spoken Word and where Lloyd K. Newell was talking about things that seem beyond us and that can seem over baring and challenging. He talked about just keep pushing and by small and simple means are great things brought to pass. Miracles will happen. I took that as an answer from my loving Heavenly Father to know that even though we may not feel like we are right one of the job, whom the Lord calls, He qualifies. I'm really excited for this new challenge and excited to meet my new little kid on Wednesday morning!
 
One of my very favorite things that happened this week in West is that we got our awesome golden investigator on date!! Miranda will be baptized on May 4th!! We planned to go over and watch Joseph: The Prophet of the Restoration with her and her DVD player ended up on working. Heavenly Fathers plan is always better than our plan. We ended up sharing the Plan of Salvation. I can't remember if last week I told you a little about Miranda but her mom died about a month and a half ago. At the ended of a super sweet lesson, Sister Duncan asked her if she would be baptized on May 4th and she sat there for a second and said... " Yeah, I can totally do that!" I cried. hahah we then bore testimony that we knew that Heavenly Father has been waiting for her to do this for a really long time. And that her Mom is so very proud of her. The spirit in that room was undeniable. It was perfect! To top it all off, we found out that she is a direct descendant of Joseph Smith... UHH Say what?!?! We have been teaching a direct descendant from Joseph Smith!! And she is getting BAPTIZED! I didn't really thinking about it until Sis. Duncan said something to me about it. So cool!!
 
I loved Conference this weekend!! Oh my goodness! It was so fantastic! All the talk about Missionary work and how it is booming! It gave me chills to know that the word of God is getting out, not just getting out there but out there fast and it is being received! People have been prepared and often times we don't know who they are until we open our mouths and say something. One of the favorite talks was Sister Daltons talk. All about returning to Virture. I loved the qoute that she shared "What e're thou art. Act well thy part." We have to stand as witnesses at all times and in all things. As we do so we will be strengthened and remember the covenants that we have made and will make and continue to keep. Act well our part. I'm so grateful for wonderful leaders that lead and guide us and help us grow. I know this church is true and that our Savior lives. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!
 
 
Love, Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment