Monday, April 15, 2013

A Letter from West Richland: Monday, April 15, 2013


Hello my dear wonderful family!! This has been another really wonderful week here in West Richland. We have had a hard time with people wanting to see us this week and being home but other than that,we have had some really awesome lessons this week and seen how the hand of the Lord is always stretched out toward us. So I need to tell you all about my darling new companion!! She is fantastic! Her name is Sis. Meyers and she is Denver Colorado. She is the 4th of 7 kids and is just so ready to work and get in and get things done. It's been so fun to see the new missionary fire in her and how it helps me to stay focused. I'm so grateful for that! On Wednesday morning she came back to West Richland with me and we got her all unpacked and settled and then off to work we went. We didn't stop untill we got back home that night at 9. Oh man were we tired! It was so great though! I love those days when I go to bed knowing that what I accomplished that day is exactly what the Lord would have had me do. One of the most beautiful feelings ever!
 
This week we were able to go and teach Anne the Plan of Salvation. It was going really good and then we got to the kingdoms of Glory.... And She was lost. It was in that moment that I knew that I wasn't prepared to teach to her concerns that she had. As of then, I hadn't met anyone on my mission who had a really hard time with that principle. But has I've been studying this week to try and help her understand why Heavenly father has planned it that way, it has just helped my testimony grow in knowing that I as I do all that I can and strengthen myself in the gospel, I will feel comfortable in the Celestrial Kingdom. His plan really is best way. No questions asked.
 
We met with Miranda this last week  and taught her all about the Doctrine of Christ ( faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.) It went really well and we committed her to come to church yesterday. She was so excited and really seemed to be committed to come. She event told us that she would bring her friend with her. We just about jumped out of our seats when she said that. Well Sunday comes and we wait and wait for Miranda. 11:00 hits and church starts and no Miranda... My heart sunk. I just kept thinking about what we could have done to help her in attending church. And if we were listening to the spirit to address her concerns and meet them.. We decided for our companionship study this morning that we would study why church attendance is so important other than the fact that it is a commandment. We were reading in 3 Nephi 18 this morning all about the sacrament. Of course that is why we attend sacrament meeting. We renew our covenants we make at baptism and also in the temple but something different stood out to me this time that I've always known but it was just confirmed to me. In verse 18 it talks about how Satan desires to have us. Desires is a pretty strong word. He doesn't just want it, he DESIERS it! But we are given some beautiful council in verse 25 "But rather that ye should come unto me, that ye might feel and see.." We need to come unto him. That is the purpose of church. To come unto him and to feel and see and to know that Jesus is the Christ. That desire to follow him will always over power anything else as long as we continue to attend and build up our wall against satan. I know that we will feel renewed and receive peace as we attended church and renew our covenants with the Lord. 
 
I love you all!! I know that this church is true!! 
 
Love Sis. Mecham  

No comments:

Post a Comment