Monday, April 22, 2013

A Letter from West Richland: Monday, April 22, 2013


Hi there family!! 

So this week has been a wonderful yet hard week all in one. Sis. Meyers and I are trying really hard to make sure that we are setting goals that are inspired by the Lord and working hard to achieve them. That has been one of our biggest struggles this week as so many people decided to cancel on us. During these times of trial it's sometimes hard to see what the Lord really wants us to learn from them but if there is one thing that I am sure of is that we do learn from them and we are stronger because of them. I have learned this week that through hard work and prayer and scripture study the Lord can speak to our hearts like nothing else can. Through our rough week we also saw a lot of miracles come from it that we didn't expect. The Lord is always willing to grant us those! Man he is good!! Our zone was pushing for each companionship to get 2 new investigators. Sis. Meyers and I had some people that were beautiful prospects to receive the gospel but alas... Satan worked his magic on them and at the end of the week they were still not progressing. BUT! While we were sitting in sacrament meeting we were thinking about a name that we had seen in our area book that sisters previously had been over to teach and give some serves to. We went over there last night and we didn't even have to say one word to her, she opened the door said hello and told us to come in! I think I may have stood there with my mouth open wide. The Lord blessed us to get one new investigator last night! Through us showing our faith in not forgetting about that goal, we were able to at least get one new investigator through our efforts. 
 
We were still able to each some really great lessons this week as we met with Anne, and the Bowman family and Miranda. On Tuesday President and Sister Greer came and did interviews and specialized training. Our specialized training was all on church attendance which is exactly what we needed!! Sis. Meyers and I have been trying really hard to get our investigators to come to church. One of the things they focused on was giving a church tour to our investigators. Sis. Meyers and I looked at each other and new that is exactly what we had to do!! So we set up a time with Miranda that we could go and have a church tour with her. It has so stinkin' amazing!! We took her around the church and showed where everything was and then ended up in the chapel. The spirit was so strong! We each bore our testimony on church attendance and how sacrament meeting is so extremely important. She ended up not coming to church the next day but I know that she felt the spirit. I know that all of us were changed because of that lesson. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to sacrament meeting every week and partake of the sacrament and feel the comfort that it gives to me. 
 
We went and taught Anne this week. As we were reading the Book of Mormon with her she just kept saying how she had read something like this while she was reading the Bible. Every time was talked about it you could just see a different light in her eyes! That is why I love my mission!! So many little miracles like that along the way. We can't wait to go back and teach her more about the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine of Christ. I just can't say enough how much this work really just makes my like come full circle. I know this gospel is true. I know our Savior lives and loves us. I know through His infinite atonement that all things can be made right. I LOVE it so MUCH!
 
Love you all!! Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment