Monday, June 24, 2013

A Letter from West Richland: Monday, June 10, 2013

My dear wonderful family!! This has been one heck of a week! I had a beautiful birthday! One of our less-active families (returning to activity!! :))had me over for some cake and ice cream and they are just the sweetest people in the whole world! I love them so much. I can't imagine what it will be like when I have to leave this place. Pres. and Sister Greer call and sing happy birthday to all the missionaries on the birthday's. It just made me laugh to hear President singing . Haha I will be sad when they have to leave but I know that the new President is going to be wonderful! 

So like I said, this week has been so darn crazy and full of up's and some downs. We have been trying really hard to teach this couple that have been investigating for over a year now. I have been here for 3 and half month now and I still had not taught them until last night. They have crazy work schedules and Tim ( the husband) is sick and is in the hospital a lot. Well going back about 2 weeks ago, Nina ( the wife) had mentioned to the Stake President that she is really close to baptism. She said she was 80% there. The Stake President told us to go and meet with them so we tried and tried. They were out of town and couldn't meet. We had a ward party on Friday and they were able to make it to the last little bit of it. We were talking to our ward mission leader and walked over just as a member of the bishopric was setting a baptismal date with Nina for this Saturday... caught us so off guard but we set a date and a time to come and go over the baptismal questions and the baptismal interview all set up. Tim decided that he wants to do this together and that he is ready too so he joins in! I could not believe what was happening. Long story short, yesterday was a day where my emotions went from supper high to low to high to low all within about 2 or 3 hours. Some issues came up but nothing the Lord can't handle but if there is one thing that the Lord has pointed out to me in the last 24 hours is that he is in the details. He knows all and sees all. He knows our hearts and he knows the hearts of our investigators.We are in the processes of getting somethings worked out and helping Tim and Nina stay from and keep pressing forward. I was reading in Alma today about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's and they kind of people that they were. The end of verse 6 stood out to me. It says "... -yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were CONVERTED unto the LORD, never did fall away." I LOVED that!! That is who we are looking for. We are looking for those that are converted unto the Lord and converted means that we can never go back. We are consecrated to him and his gospel. That is exactly who Tim and Nina are. They truly are consecrated to the Lord. Even when we weren't meeting with them, they were still coming to church and studying their scriptures and reading the Book of Mormon. Again, my testimony of the Lord's love for us has grown and he is right with us. I don't think I have every had so many silent prayers be answered and answered so quickly. 

I love you all!! I pray for you and love you!  :) 

Sis. Mecham :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment