Monday, August 5, 2013

A Letter from Naches: Monday, July 29, 2013

Subject: Here we go again!

Hello there my dear family! So this week we have had a lot of ups and downs. We finished our week with a wonderful baptism!! Lisa more was baptized Saturday and it went really well! She came about an hour early and Sister Zink and I were just finishing getting everything put together and we had the Robles family on ( a video we love to show people from The District). She walks in and we ran up and gave her the biggest huge. She was so happy to be there. You could tell she was nervous. We showed her were everything was and had her sit down and watch the Robles family from the beginning. The spirit was so powerful! It was so strong you could have almost touched it. That has to be one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission. Sister Zink and I love her and Brother Moore so much and we just could be more thrilled for her to be a member now and work her way to getting to the temple with Brother Moore. 

Yesterday we had what we thought was a miracle. There is a lady that lives in Naches that was in need of some help. The ward helped her with what she needed and she also said that she would be interested in learning more about the gospel. She was sitting out in the foyer after sacrament meeting and we went up and talked with her. She was so happy to meet us! We chatted with her and did some of the how to begin teachings right there. We told her we would meet her after church just downtown to give her what the ward was helping her with. So that is exactly what we did. We met with her and had a great lesson and it felt really good. Well that night we got a call from one of her acquaintances and this women told us somethings that raised some concern for Sister Zink and me. We told this women to call and talk to the bishop. 

It was a really hard one for me to swallow last night. I was having a hard time with thinking that we were seeing miracles and then to see the set backs. But as I got on my knees last night to say my prayers, I just felt this overwhelming sense of peace. I know that the Lord will direct us and I know that we will find those that are waiting for the gospel. It isn't easy but it is possible. I know the Lord tests us to help us turn to him and to make us better. 

We are right back at the beginning with finding more investigators. It is a challenge but it is necessary for us to learn to trust the Lord. 

Well my dear family, I love you all so very much and pray that your week goes well. I know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ is our leader and Savior. 

Love you all! 

Sister Mecham 

No comments:

Post a Comment