Thursday, November 21, 2013

A (Last) Letter from Naches: Monday, November 04, 2013


Subject: Kennewick here I come!!

Transfer calls came and..... I'm going to Kennewick!!! I will be serving in the Kennewick Zone and serving with Sister Davenport! I have met her and boy is she the sweetest person that you will ever meet! I will tell you more about her next week after I get play 20 questions with her. :)
 
I'm really sad to leave Naches. I love this place! I love the people and the scenery is absolutely beautiful! All the orchards and the mountains. For the first 8 months of my mission I had never served where there were mountains or what I call a mountain and then I come here and these are more like mountains than rolling hills. BUT! I'm so very excited to Kennewick! I have wanted to serve there so bad! It is beautiful there too and I know that I am going to love it.
 
This week we got to meet with lots of the members and have some really cool experiences inviting them to embrace missionary work and knowing they are called to serve too. It is really cute to see the little kids love it when we give them a mormon.org card to hand out or invite their friend to church or hand out a Book of Mormon. They get excited and start thinking of all the people they know and who they want to give it too. It is such an example to me of how we really do need to become as little child, humble and meek and submissive. It is so fantastic to watch and be apart of!
 
Finding new people to teach has been a struggle this week but I know the Lord will bless us as we are bold and have charity in our hearts for those that we are inviting to come unto Christ.
 
We got to see Lisa a lot this week. It was sooo good!! I really just love her so much! She is so solid and I'm so proud of her and her diligence to being continually converted to the gospel. She is such an example to me! I am going to miss her terribly. But I know that it is what needs to happen. 
 
We had a great halloween! We got to teach a new investigator named Geobany. I think I told you about her last week. She is so darling! We got to teach her using the Restoration pamphlet. You teach them with the pamphlet and you teach by the pictures. As you do this it always leads to the invitation to baptism. I have come to understand the importance of commitments and invitations. I invited Geobany to be baptized and right aways it brought us concerns that she has and ways that we can help. It also let us see where is was at in her commitment level. She right now isn't really commited BUT she is still being prepared and she was invited so she was given the opportunity to repent and change. It was a really cool experience! I love inviting people to be baptized! I didn't realize how much I loved it untill I just did it on faith. We were on exchanges that day and the Sister Training Leader in our zone helped me to understand that. I really needed that exchange to help me gain a testimony of that. So cool!!! 
 
Well my dear family, I love you all!! I am so grateful for you all and I can't wait to hear from you all next week. Have a fantastic week!! Love you!! 
 
Love Sister Mecham  

No comments:

Post a Comment