Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Letter from Kennewick: Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Subject: Hello Kennewick :)

Hi family!! So I'm in Kennewick and I am loving it!! It is so wonderful here! There is a different feeling here than anywhere else. The temple is so close and being so close to President and Sister Ware is so fantastic! We've had a lot of opportunities already to be around them more and it is such a strength to me. 

Sister Davenport is my new companion and she is so fantastic! She is so good at listening to the spirit and discerning peoples needs. She has helped me to better understand and fulfill my purpose. I really feel the change that is happening in me and it is so cool. The word cool doesn't even do it justice. I feel like that is such a lame word to use but it is more like empowering. It is empowering to feel the spirit change me and work within me. I love being a missionary. Sis. D is from St. George and she is the 4th of 4 and the only girl in her family. She loves cameo and working so hard. She is such a blessing. 

We've been able to teach some lessons in the short time that I have been here and met a lot of the ward council and the ward and getting me connected with them. The Leslie family is a family that we got to teach on Saturday. They had referred themselves on Mormon.org. Sister Leslie is has watch a YouTube segment on a Mormon family and she loved how they are so family oriented. This family talks about what they believe and share their testimonies. Sister Leslie loved it so much that she wanted to learn more! So we went over for their second lesson on Saturday and taught them the plan of Salvation. They loved it! We were explaining our purpose here on earth and what happens after we leave this life and they really loved that! They took so much comfort in what we were saying. Brother Leslie grew up Jehovah Witness and didn't really agree with some of the things that he was taught. We have a return appt. with them tomorrow! 

We had some really cool training's that we were apart of this week and it was a blast! We got to learn so much from President and Sister Ware. They talked about internalizing the Doctrine on Christ, goal setting, building a strong base in the Doctrine of Christ. It was inspiring! We had a training last night all on working with our ward council and the ward mission plan. If there is one thing  that we learned there, is that the gospel is simple and so our plan needs to be simple too. I really love the way that missionary work is now going and changing. 

Well my dear family, I love you all! Have such a wonderful week!  I know that Jesus Christ lives and I know that this church is true. 

Love, Sister Mecham 

2 Nephi 31:21 

No comments:

Post a Comment